Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barracks [Open]

2 posters

Go down

Barracks [Open] Empty Barracks [Open]

Post  Gabriel Basilio Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Since my squads not out on patrol.

Gabriel walked around the barracks. Most of his squad was out on the base doing what ever. Gabriel just was waiting for something to happen. Maybe boredom or something like that, but Gabriel just paced around the barracks room. Walking a few paces, he stopped and stared outside a window. It was bright outside, real sunny. He liked that. Gabriel always preferred sun over cold and rain and other weather.

Gabriel walked back to his own rack and laid down on it. He pulled out a magazine from his rucksack and just began reading it.
Gabriel Basilio
Gabriel Basilio

Back to top Go down

Barracks [Open] Empty Re: Barracks [Open]

Post  James Wright Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:28 pm

James entered the Barracks for his new unit, he was assigned as the fireteam leader for the 16th team in squad 6. At the moment there was one other Marine in the Barracks, "Excuse me PFC, I just got in this is squad 6 right?" James smiled at the Junior Marine, he of course already knew that he was in the right place but this was how he often chose to break the ice with his men. "Im team 16's new fireteam leader, you are Private First class Basilio correct?" He'd been given the information for the men under his command earlier and was just trying to match names with faces.

James dropped his gear and claimed one of the empty bunks, hope you guys dont mind but I'll be staying in here with you not in the NCO Barracks...gets am little to uptight in there for me" He preferred to earn the respect of his men by being around them and spending time with them so he often chose to forgoe the slightly better accomodations of the NCO barracks, though he would spend some time in them just to get used to the other NCOs and SNCOs.
James Wright
James Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Basilio Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:34 pm

Gabriel was heavily into his magazine. He flipped the pages when a voice called out from the doorway.
"Excuse me PFC, I just got in this is squad 6 right? Im team 16's new fireteam leader, you are Private First class Basilio correct?"
"Hi." Gabriel responded, the new fireteam leader, Corporal, Gabriel glanced at the Corporal's nametape, Wright, "Corporal Wright."
"hope you guys dont mind but I'll be staying in here with you not in the NCO Barracks...gets am little to uptight in there for me"
"Oh no problem Corporal, I don't even think there is an NCO barracks. Even the LT seems to be staying with us." Gabriel closed up his magazine and stuffed it back into his pack. "I'm a new guy here too so I don't quite know who, what or where everything is quite yet. Do you want to explore around?"
Gabriel Basilio
Gabriel Basilio

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wright Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:01 pm

"Roger that, just give me a minute to stow my gear"

James found one of the empty bunks and began to put his stuff away in the footlocker at the end. He slung his M4 over the fat pole at the end of his bed and the gun bag that carried his M40A3 he slung over his back. He noticed the PFC looking at the bag and he said "I dont like to leave my bolt gun lying around, I know its weird". He finished putting away his belongings and grabbed his cover, "Alright lets step off".
James Wright
James Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabriel Basilio Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:24 pm

James Wright wrote:"Roger that, just give me a minute to stow my gear"

James found one of the empty bunks and began to put his stuff away in the footlocker at the end. He slung his M4 over the fat pole at the end of his bed and the gun bag that carried his M40A3 he slung over his back. He noticed the PFC looking at the bag and he said "I dont like to leave my bolt gun lying around, I know its weird". He finished putting away his belongings and grabbed his cover, "Alright lets step off".
"Alright Corporal." Gabriel said, he waited as the Marine finished stowing his gear. "May I mind asking, how old are you?" Gabriel thought his new fireteam leader looked at bit young. Didn't bother him so much, Gabriel just joined the Marine Corps at a pretty old age, well older than most of the recruits who go to boot camp after high school. Gabriel waited a bit longer before signing up.
Gabriel Basilio
Gabriel Basilio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down