Dogs of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

+3
William Siegfried
Michael Hobbar
Michael Garber
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops Empty Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post  Michael Garber Fri May 28, 2010 2:43 pm

Okay, I know there is little information regarding this game other than what has already been announced... but what do you guys think of it. Would it be a game you buy? A game you rent? Are you interested in the single player aspect or multiplayer (or both)? Essentially, what are your thoughts and opinions on this game so far?
Michael Garber
Michael Garber
Admin

https://dowmc.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Black Ops Empty Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post  Michael Hobbar Fri May 28, 2010 2:52 pm

i really like the new perspective, but idk about the whole blacks op theme, reminds me too much of the Medal of Honor series where you'd be running around lone gunning
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Fri May 28, 2010 9:02 pm

I have to agree with Hobber, although I do like the black ops idea XD... so long as you get a small team I mean. It would suck if you were all by yourself, because you'll end up dead no problem on Veteran difficulty.
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

http://bleachss.darkbb.com/shinigami-f8/william-siegfried-t17.ht

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:58 pm

First of all, y'all need to finish up the MOUT thing because I wanna join >:C

Secondly, I have little hope for Black Ops being exceptionally great (because it's being made by Treyarch).
Joshua Kennedy
Joshua Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:28 pm

Joshua Kennedy wrote:First of all, y'all need to finish up the MOUT thing because I wanna join >:C

Secondly, I have little hope for Black Ops being exceptionally great (because it's being made by Treyarch).
dude, just jump into the MOUT thread. Yeah
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Michael Hobbar wrote:dude, just jump into the MOUT thread. Yeah

Yeah, not my thing to jump into a thread really. :3
Joshua Kennedy
Joshua Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:39 pm

Joshua Kennedy wrote:
Michael Hobbar wrote:dude, just jump into the MOUT thread. Yeah

Yeah, not my thing to jump into a thread really. :3
aite then...i'll end it soon

/drops bomb on enemy positions/
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Lol well it looks like you had him jump in with that last post man XD. Also does anyone know when the game comes out?
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:58 pm

William Siegfried wrote:Lol well it looks like you had him jump in with that last post man XD. Also does anyone know when the game comes out?
november of 2010 i believe just about the same as MW2
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:00 pm

Hmm... all their games seem to come out on that month. Maybe its just something they love doing, you know like making us wait XD.
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:01 pm

William Siegfried wrote:Hmm... all their games seem to come out on that month. Maybe its just something they love doing, you know like making us wait XD.
well at least they're consistent
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:03 pm

true man, very true.
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Garber Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

Yeah. Aside from the fact they're milking the series like a cow and giving it a slow, painful death. They'll suffocate fans of the series with the amount of Call of Duty's they churn out and eventually the entire hype wagon will come to a screeching halt -- as will their game sales. I almost feel sorry for the series and I must say I feel Call of Duty 4 was by far the best. Now there is nothing new or original to any of it. They just rehash what they already had and add new BS into it.
Michael Garber
Michael Garber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Michael Garber wrote:Yeah. Aside from the fact they're milking the series like a cow and giving it a slow, painful death. They'll suffocate fans of the series with the amount of Call of Duty's they churn out and eventually the entire hype wagon will come to a screeching halt -- as will their game sales. I almost feel sorry for the series and I must say I feel Call of Duty 4 was by far the best. Now there is nothing new or original to any of it. They just rehash what they already had and add new BS into it.

The thing is that Activision was rushing Infinity Ward to finish a huge game in under a year. I believe they could've made Modern Warfare 2 better if they spent more time on it (not saying it's bad, it's a great game). Treyarch sucks; all of their games are lackluster or, in Big Red One's case, terrible. In World at War it was impossible to beat on expert because some parts of the game PURPOSELY put you out of cover in the middle of nowhere while your friends did nothing to help and the enemies were all "OH LOOK HE LOOKS LIKE THE MAIN CHARACTER LET'S SHOOT HIM AND ONLY HIM!"

I actually took cover for two minutes straight to see if my friends do anything, two minutes! Nothing changed at all, and then I got shot because they recognized me as a main character. The set pieces looked nice (the ending was beautiful) but were mostly either pointless or just boring.
Joshua Kennedy
Joshua Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Washington Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Treyarch sucks; all of their games are lackluster or, in Big Red One's case, terrible.

why do people dis about BR1, thats my favorite COD game. COD 1-3 were the best, when 4 came out, i liked it but hated the multiplayer. i never played WaW and MW2 ive only played the Spec Ops with my friend, helping him beat it.
Timothy Washington
Timothy Washington

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:07 pm

Timothy Washington wrote:
Treyarch sucks; all of their games are lackluster or, in Big Red One's case, terrible.

why do people dis about BR1, thats my favorite COD game. COD 1-3 were the best, when 4 came out, i liked it but hated the multiplayer. i never played WaW and MW2 ive only played the Spec Ops with my friend, helping him beat it.
BR1 made you love your squad. In every other CoD game you have like random squad members save 2 or 3 guys. You didn't really emerse yourself into the world.
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 am

Yeah BR1 wasn't a bad game, it was pretty fun, and it was almost like a band of brothers kind of game where you and your team were all fighting together as a team of brothers.
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 pm

Timothy Washington wrote:

why do people dis about BR1

Lets see;

Uninteresting set pieces
SMGs are as accurate as rifles
Terribad AI (they can barely hit eachother at ten feet distance)
Crap tier multiplayer maps
Only great feature was the sound track

Sounds like good reasons to hate a game.

I just found out why I got frustrated with WaW; it's impossible to beat on Veterev simply because the game puts you in situations where you are without cover and spams an infinite amount of enemies at you.

Last edited by Joshua Kennedy on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Joshua Kennedy
Joshua Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:22 pm

Joshua Kennedy wrote:I just found out why I got frustrated with WaW; it's impossible to beat on Veterev simply because the game puts you in situations where you are without cover and spams an infinite amount of enemies at you.
ahha thats soo true...
Michael Hobbar
Michael Hobbar
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:50 pm

Yeah... I have to agree with all that XD.
William Siegfried
William Siegfried

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

Michael Hobbar wrote:
BR1 made you love your squad. In every other CoD game you have like random squad members save 2 or 3 guys.

I actually grew to like the CoD 4 characters better, and that's why the ending was like getting smacked in the face. The BR1 characters are alright, but the best ones get killed off somehow.

Joshua Kennedy
Joshua Kennedy

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Garber Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:23 pm

I despise Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I thought it was terrible both from a realism standpoint and just overall. I much prefer Call of Duty 4 better and it's all I play (aside from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2). But meh. I hope Black Ops will be the much needed revival of the fun aspect of Call of Duty and bring back the realism and fun I enjoyed.

Though I will credit MW2 for getting the radio protocols correct. They got them down to the letter and I applaud them for that.
Michael Garber
Michael Garber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam L. Booke Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:48 pm

Michael Garber wrote:I despise Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I thought it was terrible both from a realism standpoint and just overall. I much prefer Call of Duty 4 better and it's all I play (aside from Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2). But meh. I hope Black Ops will be the much needed revival of the fun aspect of Call of Duty and bring back the realism and fun I enjoyed.

Though I will credit MW2 for getting the radio protocols correct. They got them down to the letter and I applaud them for that.
yeah i really liked MW1 more...maybe its because we got to play as US Marines Wink too bad they got owned by that nuke. :'(

I really like OP Flashpoint. I think that was a good game, Dragon Rising, was pretty good imo. Pretty realisitc, but the only complaint i had with it was terrible voice acting
Adam L. Booke
Adam L. Booke

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Garber Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:04 am

Yeah. Voice acting in it was pretty bad. But it was definitely realistic enough to fit the bill and I know a few Marines that played it.

And thank you, someone else who is sick of seeing Army in video games (or so I assume). The Marines get no love in the Call of Duty franchise except in Call of Duty 4 and World at War, and World at War was more of a showcase for the "uber Russians" than the Marine Raiders of the Pacific Campaign, something of which I was totally angry about and that turned me off to the game.
Michael Garber
Michael Garber
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Timothy Washington Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:13 am

Michael Garber wrote:Yeah. Voice acting in it was pretty bad. But it was definitely realistic enough to fit the bill and I know a few Marines that played it.

And thank you, someone else who is sick of seeing Army in video games (or so I assume). The Marines get no love in the Call of Duty franchise except in Call of Duty 4 and World at War, and World at War was more of a showcase for the "uber Russians" than the Marine Raiders of the Pacific Campaign, something of which I was totally angry about and that turned me off to the game.

lol so is anybody psyched (other then me) about playing an ARMY Ranger in the new MOH?
Timothy Washington
Timothy Washington

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next