Pre-Deployment Muster

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Deployment Muster

Post  Michael Hobbar on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:40 am

Time: 0940

Michael Hobbar stood on the parade deck with his gear all packed and set down on the deck right by his feet. A few Marines had slowly gathered, but most of the Marines have yet to arrive for the muster. Michael stood there his helmet was secured to his pack and he had already drew his weapon from the Armory. He brought a few cans of spray paint to make any last minute camouflage changes to his weapon or to help camouflage anyone else's weapons.

Name: Michael Hobbar
Billet: 2nd Platoon Sergeant
MOS: 0311 Rifleman
AMMO 6 M16 Mags, 4 M9 Mags
Shades ON
Health
Michael Hobbar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pre-Deployment Muster

Post  David Heinlien on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:30 pm

David dragged his gear out of his barracks at 0945 sharp the next morning. He stepped out the door and pulled his day pack onto his back, before swiftly trotting over to the armoury to draw his weapon. He left at high speed, a shotgun strapped to his pack and his M16 over one shoulder. He came up alongside Staff Sergeant, saluted, and dumped his gear on the ground.
"Morning Staff Sergeant. Good weather for it huh? Oh, congratulations for yesterday by the way."

David Heinlien

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  William Siegfried on Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:51 pm

It didn't take long for William to get his stuff together, and out the door of his quarters. William was calm, and care free as he made his way towards the rally point. He just wanted to get over there and get out. He was done with all this shit, and he'd been on way to many tours to care that much anymore, yet there was still that fear that he wouldn't come back from this tour. William quickly shook his head, those kinds of thoughts scared the shit out of him. There was no way he was going to fall over in SA, unless of course its in a beautiful place then he'd settle for that. William smacked himself to bring himself back to the real world. He was going over to fight another war, and he was going with a team who hadn't seen real combat yet. William knew they'd handle themselves fine in combat, and he'd make sure to bring them all back to their families. William then flashed a smile as the sun hit his face, he was ready.

William had everything he needed with him, and he had his weapon loadout ready to go. Everything was clean and proper as it should be. William was still smiling when he put down his gear. "You ready for this Staff Sergeant? Won't be like Iraq or Afgan, hey?" William said jokingly knowing that him and Hobbar both had went on tour in both nations. William was hoping there wasn't anything he was missing. He had everything he needed, so he should be fine.
William Siegfried

View user profile http://bleachss.darkbb.com/shinigami-f8/william-siegfried-t17.ht

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt Wolfe on Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:39 pm

Wolfe quickly got his gear and got to the parade deck for the muster. As he walked, he began to feel nervous and anxious. It would be the first time he'd ever see real combat, and most of his team hadn't seen combat either. He met up with Siegfried to wait for the rest of the Marines. "I sure hope I don't come back in a bodybag." He looked around and watched as more Marines made it to the muster.
Matt Wolfe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Garber on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:17 am

Light flooded into Michael's eyes, stirring him awake from his peaceful slumber. He glanced over at his clock and shook his head due to the blurriness of his vision. After squinting he noted it was 0845. Yawning, he stretched and picked himself up out of bed, his bare feet touching the cold floor beneath him. He stepped into the bathroom unit and washed his face off before returning to the main room and dressing into his MCCUUs.

Before he walked out the door with all of his gear, he grabbed his eight point cover and placed it firmly on his head. Stepping out into the early morning California air, he pivoted and made his way towards the headquarters building. He was supposed to be present for a pre-deployment meeting with the other offices of Hotel Company. Supposedly it was to give them a quick brief of the situation in Brazil.

Entering the building he was directed to a auditorium where he recognized some of his fellow officers gathering. He found himself a seat amongst the crowd and sat down and went about to boring process of waiting while keeping a look on his watch. He was going to be needed at 0940 to meet up with the rest of the platoon. The buses would arrive at Camp Pendleton at approximately 1000 and he couldn't afford to, for lack of a better term, miss the bus.

After a few painful minutes of waiting, Captain Klemens walked up on the stage and stepped in front of a microphone. Truthfully, he really didn't need one. There weren't but maybe seven or eight officers in the room (four of whom were platoon commanders).

"Marines, here's the dope on the situation," the captain began, pausing as he pulled out a slip of paper. "The Righteous Fist has the Brazil government in the palm of their hands. They are threatening to execute their president if their demands are not met soon. While this is going on, their 'military arm' is fighting Brazil's military and police forces for control over numerous cities and have elicited the help of third party gangs and criminal organizations. It is also rumored they're working with many of the major drug cartels in the country."

Captain Klemens paused and let his eyes examine the crowd of officers before him. His face was stern and serious, without an ounce of emotion seeping onto his face. "Currently the Righteous Hand has over eight thousand fighters. Their paramilitary units are known to use smuggled AKs, G3s, and any other type of weaponry they can get their hands on. Some of them are even boasting M4A1s and other light munitions. They have vehicular support in the form of flat bed trucks with mounted machine guns and grenade launchers and use helicopters as mobile support platforms for their troops."

From then on the Captain went on to explain the normal weather conditions, the friendly forces who would be involved, the rules of engagement and the usual. Finally the Marines were dismissed and the lieutenant had to bolt out of the building. It was already 0942. He was late for muster and that wasn't a good thing. He was the platoon's commanding officer and to be late for his own muster looked extremely bad on his part.

Finally reaching the Parade Field he was thankful to know only a few people had arrived, including his Platoon Sergeant. When the lieutenant approached he dropped his gear and met up with the Marines.

"Any of you know where the others are?" he asked the Marines. He wanted everyone to be present at least five minutes before the buses arrived. If not there would be problems. Problems he would have to deal with himself.

Name: Michael Garber
Billet: Second Platoon Commander
MOS: 0302 Infantry Officer
Health:
Michael Garber
Admin

View user profile http://dowmc.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Marcus Patterson on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:27 am

Corporal Marcus Patterson stepped onto the Parade Field at 0946 with all of his gear either on his person or stored in his seabag, which he held in his grasp. He saw the surprisingly small group of Marines that had formed up for the pre-deployment muster and, well, he laughed. It seemed like no one had bothered to come on time and he knew the Staff Sergeant probably wouldn't be too happy about that.

Pushing past some of the Marines who were there, he moved to the front of the group and dropped his seabag onto the deck. He stretched for a moment and then looked around to count who was there.

Five people, not including himself.

He shook his head with a smirk and then saw one of the boots, Private Heinlien, Second Platoon's RTO pull the biggest boot mistake he had ever seen. He had saluted the Staff Sergeant. Normally he wouldn't have said a thing but he just couldn't pass up this opportunity. His body was screaming at him to cut in with his usual commentary.

"Wow boot, didn't know Staff Sergeant Hobbar here got promoted to Second El-Tee!" he said, his voice hinting at the sarcasm, "how about you save the salutes for the pretty guy over there with the flashy collar device." He chuckled at the private and then turned his attention to the Staff Sergeant. "Mornin' Staff Sergeant, Corporal Badass reporting for muster."

He saw Hobbar shake his head which made Marcus laugh. He was known to be the practical joker in the unit. If someone's morale was low, it'd normally be him who would come around and raise it for everybody. It was just one of his quirks and most people appreciated his sense of humor.

Well, aside from the occasional officer who found his remarks insubordinate and disrespectful. But he didn't count them because most officers were idiots anyway. "Here's to hoping we get to see plenty of chicks in tight ass bikinis!" Marcus exclaimed, gaining Siegfried's attention. "What do you think man? Think we'll score it with some hot chicks?"
Marcus Patterson

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:24 am

Lance Corporal Kennedy entered the parade area as Garber was joining the Marines.

Michael Garber wrote:"Any of you know where the others are?" he asked the Marines.

"I saw a few guys back at the barracks, but that was a while ago L.T."

That's all Kennedy could really say. It wasn't much but at least it was an answer. He looked around at the small group that formed around the lieutenant. Not very many, but at least people he knew. Hopefully the rest of the guys would show up some time soon.

(OOC: Do I have to always say these posts are short? Being in Mexico I'm always on the move.)
Joshua Kennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matthew Walker on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:49 am

Wearing a set of woodland cammies, his freshly re-painted M16A4 slung over his shoulder and his pack dangling from his other shoulder, Sergeant Walker walked over to his platoon. He had been up and around for several hours already. Both his scope and iron sights had been re-zeroed, and all of his magazines had had their springs checked.

Placing his pack on the ground but keeping his weapon slung he joined the semi-circle of Marines, catching Patterson's last comments. He laughed, and slapped Patterson on the back, "Bro, you're more likely to have one of those big Brazilian body builders look at you and decide that he wants some of your action."

He quickly adopted a more serious tone, adding a lower tone. "Anyway, I was in the armoury and some I found some pogues. Fucked if I know what they were doing in there... Anyway, one of them let slip the name of this Operation. Anyone know what it is? We're taking part in the great 'Operation Paper Angel'. Now that is reassuring, isn't it?"

He took a moment to look at his watch. "Seriously, though, it is well known that the great military tactician, Sergeant Matthew Walker said on the Sixteeth of June, 2011, at about 1044 stated that 'the more badass your operation name, the exponentially more succesful it will be.' Now, I'm not saying this is FUBAR, because it isn't, but if it was called 'Operation fuck-up-the-Brazilian-terrorists' we would have a lot more success. Am I right, or am I right?"
Matthew Walker

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam L. Booke on Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:34 pm

ooc. short yeah, im kinda busy today, just want to make sure I'm in this thread before anything major happens.

Adam arrived at the staging area at 0946, a minute later than the Staff Sergeant had wanted them to meet up at so he hoped he didn't get too much of an ass chewing. "Sorry I'm late Staff Sergeant." Right as he said that, he noticed the Lieutenant, "Good morning Sir." Adam saluted the LT and then got in formation and set his gear down and waited to be updated
Adam L. Booke

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joshua Kennedy on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Matthew Walker wrote:"Seriously, though, it is well known that the great military tactician, Sergeant Matthew Walker said on the Sixteeth of June, 2011, at about 1044 stated that 'the more badass your operation name, the exponentially more succesful it will be.' Now, I'm not saying this is FUBAR, because it isn't, but if it was called 'Operation fuck-up-the-Brazilian-terrorists' we would have a lot more success. Am I right, or am I right?"

Kennedy got a good laugh out of that.

"Sounds about right, Corpo- oops, I mean 'Sergeant.' Maybe we can get them to accept Walker as the official operation namer for the company". Kennedy joked.

He noticed Booke coming in, late at that, and smirked.

"Heya Booke, you're just in time for 'Operation fuck-up-the-Brazilian-terrorists.'"

Kennedy chuckled a bit to himself, then turned back to the newly promoted Sergeant Walker.

"So tell me, anyone know exactly where in Brazil we'll be going? 'Cause I'd effin' hate to navigate Rocinha, or some other place that'd be great for an ambush."
Joshua Kennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Hobbar on Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:30 pm

"You ready for this Staff Sergeant? Won't be like Iraq or Afgan, hey?"
"Yeah, definitely ready for another tour..." Michael replied in a sarcastic tone, "Get to be away from home, out with the boys, you know... all the good stuff." Michael had already done two tours, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan, he definitely didn't want to do another one.
"I sure hope I don't come back in a bodybag."
"Belay that Devil Dog." Michael snapped, he was fine with a realistic thinking, but just down right thinking that they were screwed was not the kind of talk Michael needed. "Every Marine here is more than capable of making it through any endeavor. Next time I hear that kind of talk, I'll make sure you DO come back in a body bag." Michael made it clear to the rest of the platoon that when it came down to fighting, he was serious.
"Any of you know where the others are?"[/color] he asked the Marines. He wanted everyone to be present at least five minutes before the buses arrived. If not there would be problems. Problems he would have to deal with himself.
"Don't worry Boss." Michael said. "I said to meet by 0945...they're going to be here on time, or get some ass chewing." Michael knew that when anyone said meet somewhere by a certain time, everyone would be late by at least 5-10 minutes. So when he said meet at 0945, he really didn't expect everyone to make it until 0950.
"Mornin' Staff Sergeant, Corporal Badass reporting for muster."
"Well badass, why don't you get your fatass over in formation?" Michael grinned.
"Sorry I'm late Staff Sergeant."
[color=purple]"No worries Lance Corporal."[/quote] Michael assured, "Just get in formation and standby..."
"Anyway, I was in the armoury and some I found some pogues. Fucked if I know what they were doing in there... Anyway, one of them let slip the name of this Operation. Anyone know what it is? We're taking part in the great 'Operation Paper Angel'. Now that is reassuring, isn't it?"

He took a moment to look at his watch. "Seriously, though, it is well known that the great military tactician, Sergeant Matthew Walker said on the Sixteeth of June, 2011, at about 1044 stated that 'the more badass your operation name, the exponentially more succesful it will be.' Now, I'm not saying this is FUBAR, because it isn't, but if it was called 'Operation fuck-up-the-Brazilian-terrorists' we would have a lot more success. Am I right, or am I right?"-
Michael wanted to laugh so hard, but he kept his bearing and simply offered a witty reply. "You're right on target there Sergeant. 'Operation Fuck-Up-The-Brazilian-Terrorists' would definitely be a HUGE success! They'd all be like, 'Woah man, those Marines have some crazy operation planned for us. We're screwed' "
"So tell me, anyone know exactly where in Brazil we'll be going? 'Cause I'd effin' hate to navigate Rocinha, or some other place that'd be great for an ambush."
"We'll get more intel when we arrive in country Lance Corporal." Michael responded. By now the rest of the platoon had gathered. Michael looked at his wrist watch, time was: 0949, the platoon was right on mark. "Platoon!" Michael called out to get everyone's attention, "Standby to standyby. At rest, but stay in formation."

Name: Michael Hobbar
Billet: 2nd Platoon Sergeant
MOS: 0311 Rifleman
AMMO 6 M16 Mags, 4 M9 Mags
Shades ON
Health
Michael Hobbar
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content